Teacher Education Scholarships (Secondary)
Carey is committed to supporting teachers who are hopeful, compassionate and inspired to make a difference in the world, people who are committed to both personal and professional excellence.
Education students currently studying for an education degree at either Bachelor’s or Master’s level are invited to apply for a Carey Teacher Education Scholarship.
The Carey Teacher Education Scholarship has been established to offer education students a unique opportunity to gain experience in an open enrolment Christian School.
Scholarships are awarded to students with an excellent academic record who are enthusiastic about contributing to the curricular and co-curricular life of Carey Baptist College.
Benefits to the Recipient
- For Bachelor’s degree recipients, the scholarship is valued at $1000 per annum for up to 3 years, paid in two equal installments after university exams.
- For Master’s degree recipients, the scholarship is valued at $1000 per annum for up to 2 years, paid in two equal installments after university exams.
- Recipients will be paired with an experienced teacher mentor.
- Recipients will be invited to participate in regular College Professional Learning.
- Sponsorship to attend Professional Learning through CSA, Avenir Leadership Institute, Morling College and other approved professional teaching organisations.
- Paid work (as qualified) on camps and excursions as a Non-Teaching Staff member.
- Paid work (as qualified) while completing studies as a Limited Authority teacher.
- Access to a Professional experience placement at Carey (subject to University policy).
- These scholarships are not bonded. Recipients have no ongoing obligation to Carey Baptist College post-graduation and are not guaranteed future employment.
This Scholarship is offered subject to applicants currently enrolled to study full-time or part-time with a recognised West Australian university studying:
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
Applicants currently enrolled in an eligible Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must maintain a weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 65 across each year of study.
For Bachelor’s and Master’s degree applicants, the Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of the following:
- Academic merit and professional experience (including practicum reports)
- Engagement in church and/or community service
- A one-page statement explaining why they would like to be the recipient of a teacher-training scholarship at an independent Christian school
- An interview
- Scholarships will be awarded by the Director of Education in consultation with College Principals.
Enrolled Education students can apply at any time of the year.
Applications will be assessed in January and July each year with successful applicants notified shortly thereafter.
Applications can be completed online (see below). If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.