Year 7, Pre-Start Day
The first day of high school can be a very stressful time for students; there are all the new teachers to meet, classrooms to locate, timetables to decipher and new supplies to carry and so on. That is why, as part of our Launch Year 7 Peer Mentor program, all Year 7 students are invited to attend their Pre-start Day.
Tuesday 30 January 2024
9:00am in the Carey Hub
Carey Baptist College
540 Nicholson Rod, Forrestdale WA
What happens on the Pre-start day?
Students will meet with Mr Harris to discuss what to expect in Year 7. He will also tell the students which homeroom they are in. Students will then go to their homeroom with their homeroom teacher where they will:
- Be given their timetable
- Go through expectations regarding behaviour
- Go through class routines
- Discuss the uniform policy
- Discuss the use of the Chromebooks
- Go on a tour of the school
- Be given a chance to ask questions about anything and everything!
- Review information about school camp
What do I need to bring?
- Bring any stationery items and books that were on the booklist
- Water bottles
- We will provide you with morning tea
We hope to see each of you there on the Pre-start day, ready to start your secondary journey with Carey Baptist College, Forrestdale.